About Our Painting Holidays in BulgariaExcellent Tutoring
- Our painting holidays in Bulgaria are designed for small groups of artists of all standards.
- The aim is to inspire you to develop your painting technique and style by letting you immerse yourself in the landscape and culture of this region.
- Our resident professional artist will guide you to improve your skills, providing individual attention. You will return home with a sense of achievement (and some lovely work!)
- The painting holiday runs in a very relaxed and informal atmosphere; you choose the medium and set your own pace.
Varied Painting locations
Mountain ranges, mirror lakes and ancient woodlands are an inspiration for our few days painting in the stunning Rhodope Mountains of Bulgaria.
This is followed by a few days painting in the ancient cultural town of Plovdiv voted as European Capital of Culture for 2019. The ancient cobbled streets of the old town are bordered by colourful merchant houses, many containing art galleries, which provide an inspiration for our week of painting in this stunning country.
We set out for trips and visits each day in the area to enable you to experience this varied region.
One of the days during the week is a rest day and will give you the opportunity to explore the many art galleries and old town of Plovdiv.
Non-painting partners are able to join us. There are many stunning walks in the Rhodope mountains and interesting museums, galleries and places of interest in Plovidv.
Friendship and Fun
Sharing delicious local Bulgarian cuisine and good wine cuisine is an essential part of your painting holiday. We eat in specially selected local restaurants in Plovdiv and have a superb chef who cooks for us in Villa Gella in the Rhodope mountains.
We organise everything for you allowing you to focus on being creative and enjoying your holiday.
Non-painting partners welcome (discount applies).
Non-painting partners can either join the group on the visits each day or can relax in our accommodation. Alternatively, let us know your interests and we can arrange other activities, e.g. walking in the Rhodope Mountains.
Anna is an inspirational teacher, her demonstrations and tuition were invaluable. I also love her work.
Rhodope Mountains and Ancient Town of Plovdiv
We visit inspirational locations each day during the painting holiday in Bulgaria to paint en plein-air.
Anna will guide you in your chosen medium to capture the landscape in an effective way, developing your style and technique in the process. Free up your painting style and capture the rustic charm of the Rhodope Mountains and the impressive Roman amphitheatre in Plovdiv.
Two Centred Holiday in Rhodope Mountains and Plovdiv, European Capital of Culture 2019
Rhodope Mountains – Days 1-4
• In the Rhodope Mountains we have the sole use of a luxury Villa in the village of Gela. Each room enjoys spectacular views and provides a luxurious bed, ample space for relaxation and the warmth of a wood-burning fireplace.
• The spacious living and dining room is at the heart of the house, a place to enjoy superb cooking by the villa’s private chef, afternoon tea brewed from local medicinal herbs, or get-togethers with local musicians, historians and archaeologists.
• Between painting trips you can benefit from the luxury spa which has an indoor swimming pool, massage area and steam room, a yoga corner and a small gym for rigorous or relaxing exercise.
• The terraced gardens provide 180 degrees panoramic views of the Rhodope Mountains from which we paint on our first day.
Ancient town of Plovdiv – Days 5-8
• Paint in the stunning Roman amphitheatre in the old town of Plovdiv
• Capture the pretty cobbled streets lined with colourful merchant houses
• Gain inspiration from the paintings in the myriad of small art galleries
• Enjoy a wine tasting of delicious local wines
• Eat in specially selected restaurants known for their local traditional cuisine
• No single supplement
• Small and friendly group to ensure individual tuition and enable friendships to be made.
The format for the week is to paint for approx. 3 hours each morning on location before a relaxing lunch and then paint for approx. 2 ½ hours each afternoon.
Accommodation and Travel
Our two centre holiday in Bulgaria is based in a luxurious villa in the Rhodope mountains with its own chef, individually designed rooms and indoor pool, sauna and yoga area. Villa Gela is a very special place http://www.villagella.com/ In the Plovdiv we stay in a charming small hotel in the old town.